The Diamond P Horse Motel F.A.Q.
1. All campers must have proof of Coggins and health inspections for each horse. We will need to see that before you can stay.
2. Check in by phone when you arrive at the Horse Motel. Our trail Ride operation is on the north side of hwy 20 and our Horse Motel is located across the hwy on the south side at the arena. Call us and someone will come over to the arena and take you to your campsite.
3. Can you buy hay anywhere locally? Yes, we will have Weed Free hay (if you are going into the Park) as well as non-weed free hay. You will need to ask for the current price as it changes with the current hay market. It’s very hard to find certified weed free hay unless you know where to go. Alternatively, you can drive to Bozeman or Idaho Falls to get it.
4. You can buy small groceries and firewood at the KOA across the street.
5. We currently do not have septic services for RV’s. Here are places around West Yellowstone where you can empty your tanks. RV Dump Station locations near West Yellowstone
6. The town of West Yellowstone is only 7 miles East of the Ranch on Highway 20. There are two grocery stores and many restaurants and other tourist attractions.
7. The West Entrance to Yellowstone National Park is 8-Miles East on Highway 20. Bordering the town of West Yellowstone.
8. The Bar N Ranch has fine dining, just across highway 20, 1/4 mile NE of the ranch.
9. When Crossing Highway 20 with your horses please use Orange Safety Flags that are available for your use at each of the entrance gates. Yellowstone is a stunning area and drivers are not always watching the road!!!
10. We take our guided horseback tours from our ranch to the South side of the hwy where our Horse Motel is located. The Gallatin National Forest Service Access is located out our South Pasture gate. Please be respectful to our guests and many inexperienced riders. Please use proper horse and trail etiquette while riding in the forest.
11. Contact the Gallatin National Forest Service Office in West Yellowstone for a map of all the current Forest Service Trails around the Diamond P Ranch area, Including the new Continental Divide Trail overlooking Yellowstone National Park, Idaho and Montana. For $15 the Forest Service can send you this beautiful map marking all Horse trails. The office is located at 330 Gallatin Road, West Yellowstone Montana 59758. Phone number is 406-823-6961. Maps are also available as an app for your smart phones. Check out Avenza maps below link!
12. You are in Grizzly country! Be bear aware. Do not leave out any garbage and use the bear proof dumpster we provide for your convenience.
13. Come visit our awesome gift shop stocked with great boots, hats and fun take aways of your stay!
14. If you arrival late (after dark), please call us at 406-646-0606 for Instructions on parking and payment.
15. Call before you pull your horse trailer up the ranch road on the north side during the hours of 9AM-8:30PM. We want to make sure we have a place for you to turn your trailer around because of our busy tour schedule. All campsites are located on the South Side of the Diamond P Ranch around the riding arena.